- Keep focused on the learning (not the teaching, the lack of parental involvement, the student’s other problems, etc.).
- Discuss student expectations in terms of the grade level standards
- Discuss prerequisite skills for accessing grade level standards
- Discuss how to assess qualitatively and qualitatively
- Discuss specific strategies for learning the grade level standards-What works?
- Have a strategy wall posted with the following:
When teaching lessons to a large group of students, I prefer to gather them in a whole group meeting area. I find this eliminates the distractions...Read More »
Teaching elementary students to elaborate in writing can be a challenge. Here is an anchor chart 4th Grade teacher Randi Anderson uses with her students to get them to add quality details.Read More »
Cafe Boards remind students to use strategies to process texts.Read More »
Second Grade Teacher Marcie Herbst's Math Workshop Choice Board. Students choose games and paper pencil activities to practice math skills and strategies.Read More »
Anchor charts for writing--Gretchen Bernebei writing strategies combined with STAAR writing must do's.Read More »
I learned about this one from my son, who is in college. Since then, I use this app on a daily basis! You can use an iPad, Mac or Windows computer, or an iPhone/iPod Touch for this app.
This app allows you to create notebooks. I have created a notebook for each of my campuses (or students) so that I can keep my anecdotal notes in one place. You can record conferring sessions while you take notes.Read More »
Find the hidden word in the fastest time. Race against time to find the computer's hidden word, and solve the anagram. Anagram selects a word and jumbles up its letters. Players simply have to find the word in the time limit by reordering the letters.
From the Children’s Learning Institute Downloadable lesson plans, children’s literature sticky questions, and much more!
Students draw a picture of the word, label it, and draw a brief description of how it is used.
Create a word cloud to:
- Introduce yourself
- Tell about your family
- Spelling words
- Important words from story
- Giggle Poetry
- Aaron Shepard’s RT Page
- Teaching Heart - Reader's Theater Scripts and Plays
- Timeless Teacher Stuff
- World Book
- Mr. Young's Class - Readers Theatre Scripts